Wiki ICD-9 code for Renal vein entrapment syndrome?

Love Coding!

Expert
Best answers
Renal vein entrapment syndrome also goes by Nutcracker syndrome, and mesoaortic compression of the left renal vein.

Thank you! :) This is very challenging, could not come up with anything. If someone knows of an alternative code please let me know... :)

Denise

That's an interesting one. I didn't find anything under the keywords. Maybe, go with disease --> vein = 459.89 (Other specified disorders of circulatory system) or compression --> vein= 459.2 (compression of vein).

Last edited:
That's an interesting one. I didn't find anything under the keywords. Maybe, go with disease --> vein = 459.89 or compression --> vein= 459.2.

Hi! Thank you so much for replying..this is tough one. I considered that but it reflects outside of the renal vein description. I tell you I combed my ICD-9 book back and forth, also the internet. These were the terms I was searching for:

Compression, vein
Renal vein compression
Nutcracker syndrome

plus others... :confused:

I hope others can give us some direction :p

Well, I'll take another stab and mention that if you can't come up with anything and it's more related to the kidney, you may have to default to just going with disease --> renal. Hopefully, others will be able to comment! Good luck :)

Any guidance?

Does anyone know which direction I should go to find an ICD-9 code for this diagnosis? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Denise