Wiki ICD-9 code for Hep B Series for 99211

ccillo

Contributor
Best answers
Need assistance, Working a chart that the physician did not exam pt however the pt had recently attended a bloodborne pathogen training to follow up on her Hep B status. So there are about 3 lines on the note, no exam, no assessment...cpt given is 99211 however not sure what ICD-9 we can use. Please assist if you can?

Thanks,
~Cindy Cillo

Hep B No exam

If it was me, I would code the Hep B with 571.42 and then I would code the history of Diseases of blood and blood-forming organs. Coding the history will let the carrier know that this was an existing condition prior to becoming a patient of this physician.

I hope that this helps.

I'd NOT agree with the ICD 571.42 & coding the history of Diseases of blood and blood-forming organs.
ICD:
I'll assign Hep B -070.30 unspecified or A, WO mention of hepatic coma or hepatitis delta

Referring to "pt had recently attended a bloodborne pathogen training"

The training is offered(developed) through EH&S to provide a review of blood borne pathogen exposure control principles and practices, and to provide updated information regarding blood borne pathogens and their control. (Environment Health & Safety division)
It includes" What they are, how they are transmitted, and review of HIV, HBV, and HCV"

Thanks

Last edited: