Wiki ICD-10 proficiency - test through AHIMA

Best answers
I just passed the test for my CPC in October and had recently passed an ICD-10 proficiency test through AHIMA that was required by my employer. AAPC will not honor my test results and give credit for the proficiency test. I am not happy. My question, is it worth purchasing the ICD-10 practice tests or do you think it is a waste of money? I cannot believe how expensive it is to be in this industry. Just venting.

I just passed the test for my CPC in October and had recently passed an ICD-10 proficiency test through AHIMA that was required by my employer. AAPC will not honor my test results and give credit for the proficiency test. I am not happy. My question, is it worth purchasing the ICD-10 practice tests or do you think it is a waste of money? I cannot believe how expensive it is to be in this industry. Just venting.

I understand how you feel. If you've had ICD 10 training and passed an ICD 10 test through AHIMA, you should be fine. I did not purchase any study material and barely studied for the exam. I passed with a 91%.

I recently purchased the practice test and found it very helpful. There were
actually questions on the test that were right from the practice test. In
general I think it mimicked the test. I would recommend.

unemployed coder

I feel the same way. The expences are not comparable to coder salaries.

I agree with you all! The fees/expenses to keep up certification, specifically to become ICD-10 COMPLIANT, when you're paying for it yourself - costs are way too high.
It's more about making money than training coders, in my opinion.