Wiki ICD-10 CM Proficiency Exam Questions

Best answers
I need to complete the ICD-10 Proficiency Exam by December 31, 2015 and am wondering if I need to purchase the 2015 or 2016 ICD-10 CM book? Also, for those that have taken the exam, which exam choice did you go with (the timed version or the non-timed version)??

TIA!!!

Both 2015 and 2016 work since they are the same. Most people are doing the timed because its cheaper. If you are struggling with 10 or you are in need of CEU, if probably go with the full

I'm still waiting for mine too. I purchased it about an hour ago & still no email so I was hoping you had rec'd yours so I would know it would be coming soon.

Last edited:
No luck for me yet. I am also on a time constraint today...so if the password does not come soon. I will have to wait until next Saturday to take the exam.

I double checked my email listed with AAPC & asked to reset my password on the blackboard pg. It said another email was sent & still no email.

I also had to call to get my password. I attempted to reset and never got an email for that either! I'm planning on taking the timed assessment tomorrow. If I'm understanding correctly, the only book that is needed is the ICD 10 book? No CPT book or anything else?

I also had to call to get my password. I attempted to reset and never got an email for that either! I'm planning on taking the timed assessment tomorrow. If I'm understanding correctly, the only book that is needed is the ICD 10 book? No CPT book or anything else?

ICD-10 only. The questions are 2 sentences max so not too much thinking just determining which codes are correct and what order per the guidelines. If you know ICD-9 you will do fine. I had very little ICD-10 training and just got my CPC the week before and received an 93.3% so for most people its just really setting aside the time to do it. You should have a lot of time at the end. I only spent 2 hours.

I10 CM Proficiency Exam Password Email

I purchased the I10CM Proficiency Exam yesterday afternoon as that was the only time I had to take it. More than 24 hrs later and still no password email!! I am not happy about that.:(

so i guess i should give up the thought of getting this done tonight... i just purchased it and no password... *sigh*

any of you get yours yet?

ICD 10 Proficiency Certificate

Hello Coders,

Just passed the ICD-10 exam and was wondering if we get a certificate of completion or anything like that so we can give to an employer. The blackboard site states nothing and AAPC just want my credit card lol .

Thanks,
Ester