Wiki ICD-10 certification?

Emingoy114

Best answers
I graduated college a month or so ago and have a degree in billing and coding. I'm planning on taking the exam soon. Do I need to rush and get my certification before ICD-10 comes out? Will I have to take another exam for when ICD-10 comes out?

Yes I would get your certification before the implementation of ICD-10, and i do believe there will be a 75 question exam for all current CPC holders once ICD 10 is out in 2013.
Hope this helped!

If you feel ready to take the exam now I have advised students that it would be wise to do so as you are familiar with the code set. However you will have to take an at home via computer test for ICD-10 CM only. You will be given 2 years to obtain this certification from Oct 1 2012 to October 1 2014. This is only for those already certified. The cost I believe is $60.

If you feel ready to take the exam now I have advised students that it would be wise to do so as you are familiar with the code set. However you will have to take an at home via computer test for ICD-10 CM only. You will be given 2 years to obtain this certification from Oct 1 2012 to October 1 2014. This is only for those already certified. The cost I believe is $60.

Debra is correct, the cost is $60.00. We actually have a AAPCCA board member presenting this info to us at our chapter meeting on Tuesday Nov 15. I think it will be a very informative meeting, we have over 70 people who are registered for this. I'd highly suggest other local chapters get someone from AAPC to come into your chapter meeting and discuss " What's Happening at AAPC".

Just my opinion. WE have lots of members with questions and AAPC was nice enough to send someone out!

Hey Roxanne! I am comming to Pittsburgh next week about 4 hours from you.. I will send you a long distance hey! I am teaching ICD-10.