Wiki I have a feeling I failed....

Andyleed90

Contributor
Best answers
I am currently a coder at a local hospital. I've been there for almost 3 months. I went through coding training by Career Step. I took my CPC exam on Saturday and I haven't slept since. I completely panicked and I didn't do the easy stuff first, I did it all in order so I ran out of time. I had to guess on like 10. I studied for two months straight and when I actually tested I felt like I knew nothing. How many of you felt this way? Did you pass the first time? I can't talk to my husband or family about this because they kinda don't understand. This test is everything and if I failed, I will question myself. :(

I bet you passed

Good Morning,

I also took the Medical Coding and Billing from Career step. I took the class online and then took the CPC test and I am looking for a job. The test was hard as in really hard.
I bet you passed. You have to move on from worrying about this. Making your self sick with worry will not help. The worst thing that can happen is that you did not pass and
you will take the test again if that is the case. If you do have to take it again I suggest buying the practice tests on line from AAPC and timing your self with those. Take it easy
on yourself. Be thankful that you have a job. I have been trying to get a job for 5 months with no offers.

I was previously a member of AHIMA, with a CCA certification - the equivalent of the CPC. When I got my current job, they hired me on the condition that I would, within a year, get the CPC certification because their organization didn't recognize my CCA. I easily passed my CCA test after several months of studying, and I thought the CPC would be no problem. I've done some of the practice tests, and I can get nowhere near fast enough to be able to pass. It must be a lot harder than the CCA through AHIMA. I'm very nervous... try to breathe and stay calm, because you've done what you can at this point. You might have to retake it, and that's okay. But you might have passed! Good luck to you!