Wiki Hyperbaric Chamber therapy, Physician services

Jennercoder

Best answers
Hello: We have a client who is a physician doing Hyperbaric Chamber therapy in a Hospital.
I do understand the diagnosis codes needed to ensure payment, but am wondering what the Dr should charge for his Billing, CPT and HCPCS.

99183 is the per session CPT, used once. If he does an office visit the same day, I assume he can use (for example) 99214 for the physical exam with a 25 modifier on it?

Also, does he need to use C1300 for the HCPCS code for this , or is that charged by
the Hopital? Please help!!! I am only doing the Coding/Billing for the Physician.

Any assistance is appreciated and thanks in advance.

99183 and thanks

Thank you to the person who posted the reply! ! I appreciate it.

Does anyone have a link to show the Medicare guidelines that the Physician can only bill this once a day (from what i understand) per patient, regardless of how many sessions the pt has in one day?

Guideline

Publication 100-3 Medicare National Coverage Determinations, Chapter 1, Section 20.29

Patients often have more than one session in a day. I have never seen anything that says we are paid per day.

Physician billing:
• 99183 – Physician attendance and supervision of hyperbaric oxygen therapy, per session.
Hospital billing:
• C1300 – Hyperbaric oxygen under pressure, full body chamber, per 30-minute interval.

thanks !!!

for your help! I think I've got it, thanks to the help of my fellow Coders...very little Coding-specific education available in this area so your input is much appreciated.