Wiki Humana Denying and requesting Records for UDT's

skiboi

Networker
Best answers
I have noticed an increase in Human denying our urine drug screens until we provide results and clinic notes to support. Has anyone else, say for example in Pain management noticed this as well?

"The 2018 Medicare fee-for-service improper payment data showed that laboratory testing, including UDT, had an improper payment rate of almost 30 percent, and that the overpayment rate for definitive drug testing for 22 or more drug classes was 71.7 percent."

"Massachusetts urine test lab fraud: Four people in Massachusetts connected to a medical lab were indicted for submitting false Medicaid claims, as well as other counts. The lab allegedly submitted millions in false claims for urine drug testing while violating the state’s self-referral law. The charges include: violating the laboratory self-referral statute; Medicaid false claims; Medicaid reverse false claims; money laundering, assault, and battery; and more."

"The 2018 Medicare fee-for-service improper payment data showed that laboratory testing, including UDT, had an improper payment rate of almost 30 percent, and that the overpayment rate for definitive drug testing for 22 or more drug classes was 71.7 percent."

"Massachusetts urine test lab fraud: Four people in Massachusetts connected to a medical lab were indicted for submitting false Medicaid claims, as well as other counts. The lab allegedly submitted millions in false claims for urine drug testing while violating the state’s self-referral law. The charges include: violating the laboratory self-referral statute; Medicaid false claims; Medicaid reverse false claims; money laundering, assault, and battery; and more."

I came on here to post this (probably not in the nice format you did though). I expect we will be seeing this for a while in order to prove the actual test was done and it was medically necessary.