Wiki Hpi

SC08

Best answers
Drinks any EOTH and gets facial flushing

I am needing help with hpi would it just be associated signs and symptoms or context

What is acutally in a HPI:

An typical HPI contains: location, quality, severity, duration, timing, context, modifying factors, and associated signs & symptoms.
Well, that about it. Hopefully that helps you out.

Samantha B.

What is the CC?

What is the patient being seen for? The statement you provided sounds like it would be more of a Past History or ROS rather than the HPI - unless maybe they are there for a drinking problem? :D

Drinks any EOTH and gets facial flushing

I am needing help with hpi would it just be associated signs and symptoms or context

quality: flushing
context: when drinks any alcohol

Those are what I can see for HPI. Just on a personal note, my stepfather had those symptoms for over 8 years and EVERY single doctor he saw (and there many) about it, they all said, well stop drinking alcohol. Turned out that a doctor finally took it seriously enough to test for carcinoid and lo and behold that is what he had (it is a symptom of it). Being the other doctors blew it off, he is now dying of it. There is NO chance of a cure. They let it go on way too long that it has metastizied every where. I hope your doc thinks out of the box and actually does not blow this person off.