Wiki HPI elements help please

AmandaBriggs

Expert
Best answers
I am having a hard time picking out individual elements for the HPI documented below. I would appreciate any input!

"Chief Complaint: Cardiac Clearance

HPI: X is a x-year old patient of Jane Doe, PA-C, who is referred at this time by Dr. Y and Dr. Z for preoperative evaluation in preparation for first neurosurgery on spondylolisthesis of the lumbar spine and also an ovarian cyst resection. Both of these problems have become progressively more symptomatic as time has passed and surgery is indicated. In preparation for the surgery, it was discovered that she has a history of supraventricular tachycardia and had had a previous evaluation by Dr. A, a cardiologist and apparently there was an electrophysiology study performed. We have contacted that hospital to obtain records, but the study was performed 13 or 14 years ago and records are no longer available.

In light of this history of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia and upcoming surgery, cardiology consultation is requested at this time."

I am completely stumped by this one. It almost reads as an extended chief complaint but wanted to get some other takes on it.

My opinion,

Only context element we consider in this HPI because of patient comes for pre op clearance for the surgery, no other compliant for cardiac related.