Best answers
Can someone explain how to bill for a pre-employment physical exam? Do any insurance companies cover this? I have a patient who came in for a pre-employment physical exam required for her admission into a nursing program. Is it appropriate to bill using code 99499 with diagnosis code Z02.1?

Can someone explain how to bill for a pre-employment physical exam? Do any insurance companies cover this? I have a patient who came in for a pre-employment physical exam required for her admission into a nursing program. Is it appropriate to bill using code 99499 with diagnosis code Z02.1
This is how we handle it in our practice. If the patient has insurance and has not had their wellness exam for the year we will go ahead and do the yearly and complete forms that they may need to be completed for the nursing program. If the patient has had their yearly wellness or is going to use it at the OB/GYN, we charge $100 for the physical. If additional services are needed such as vaccines or lab we charge for the additional services as well.

This is how we handle it in our practice. If the patient has insurance and has not had their wellness exam for the year we will go ahead and do the yearly and complete forms that they may need to be completed for the nursing program. If the patient has had their yearly wellness or is going to use it at the OB/GYN, we charge $100 for the physical. If additional services are needed such as vaccines or lab we charge for the additional services as well.
Thank you. The patient has already had an annual wellness exam, which has been paid for. Should I charge the self-pay fee for the pre-employment physical?