Wiki How long after an interview?

angkbee60

Best answers
Hello Coders,

I am a new CPC-A having attained my certification in May 2017. I have sent out a lot of applications and resumes. I finally got an interview this past Monday. The interviewer told me she would definitely be in touch with me. I felt like the interview was one of my best.

Here it is 4+ days later and I have heard nothing. I wrote a "Thank You" note to her on the same day for interviewing me. Everyone I met was very friendly and seemed sincere.

Is it too soon to hear anything? They are supposed to be hiring 4 people for 4 positions. Also, another supervisor was supposed to attend my interview but wasn't present. I was also told that this employer has hired 4 students from the program I graduated from in May.

It's been a while since I have actively looked for employment since I have been in school for a few years. I also realize that in some companies there is a lot of red tape and processes that take lots of time.

I would love to hear from any of you out there who have experienced this. I am feeling like I am not making any progress at all. I suppose I am being a bit impatient.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:p

I definitely follow the advice of "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" when job hunting. Employers see so many people that are just looking for a paycheck... you have to go above and beyond and show that you don't just want A job, you want THAT job. The thank you note was definitely a nice touch. I think you've given them a little bit of time to follow up and since you haven't heard back, there's no harm in reaching out.

Good luck!

Thank you

Naomi,

Thanks for the encouragement and advice. In today's job search, I have read so many articles on how to find a job and what to do once you get the interview. I have been pretty much afraid to do anything or say anything. The fear of making the wrong move has scared me somewhat. I will reach out to the person who interviewed me and write a quick note to check on the status.

Again, thanks for the advice.

Angie