Wiki How does remote/digitial coding work?

C.Lam

Contributor
Best answers
Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone currently working in a remote or digital office setting could share their experience and their process? From hardware and software to actually reading and coding on a screen?

The revenue cycle management company I work for is very small. We recently have been printing a lot of documents and paper. We recently adopted a new model to transition the whole company to a digital model. All other teams are able to transition easily, but our coding team.

I guess our coding team is more traditional. We collect and print operative reports to annotate notes and codes. We then hand off our reports to our billers to complete the cycle in our billing software. We are trying to escape printing and want to organize ourselves to something more digital and possibly remote.

I think we are willing to invest in new tech hardware (I love new computers!) but I'm having trouble recommending a software or process to easily track our reports and annotate them so they're easy to for our billers to read and transcribe into the system.

Any recommendations? Or suggestions?