Wiki How do you indicate you have passed the ICD-10-CM assessment?

Best answers
Does anyone know if there has been any thought about how a CPC can indicate that they have taken and passed the proficiency exam in their credentials? CPC, ICD-10-CM proficient is a bit cumbersome. Personally, I like CPC-10, until the September 2015 deadline for proving proficiency is passed.
Just wondering.

Karen Hill, CPC, CPB, CPMA
AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM Trainer

ICD 10 assessment

I had called AAPC education line to ask the very same question. Unfortunately, the person whom I had spoken to wasn't to helpful or polite. She basically said that if you are certified with them you'll have to pay the $60 to take their test. Most of us are taking review courses that our employers had paid for which provides CEU's and the test; just like the one offered via their website. Go figure!

You receive a certificate when you pass the test. I have not seen anything that you can add to your credentials to indicate you passed the test. It would great if we could put CPC-10 or something like that!

You receive a certificate when you pass the test. I have not seen anything that you can add to your credentials to indicate you passed the test. It would great if we could put CPC-10 or something like that!

I like the CPC-10 idea:)

Indicating you passed the ICD-10-CM Proficiency Exam

I have been told that you can state your credentials as exampled below.

ICD-10-CM Proficient

I contacted AAPC about this, and they told me what Amy just said. If you go to "validate credentials" and put in your name & ID#, it will show your certification date and ICD-10 proficiency date.

Cpc

How do you find out if you passed the icd10 exam? And how do you get the certificate if you do pass? I think I passed, but not sure.

How do you find out if you passed the icd10 exam? And how do you get the certificate if you do pass? I think I passed, but not sure.

If you got 80% the yes you passed. They say it takes a few days for it to show up on your account with the link to print the certificate.