Wiki How do remote billers get paid?

Best answers
HI everyone,

I am just starting out as a coder and have a job lined up with a billing co. to do surgical coding only right now. How do remote billers get paid? By the hour, by the claim, a retainer?? Please let me hear from you as I am not sure how this works. Thanks everyone:)

If varied depending on the company you work for. There are contracted employees that are paid hourly, by the chart and or you can be hired as an employee? I, personally work for an excellent company, remotely with a full blown benefits package, they provide the equipment and training and I am paid hourly along with several bonus packages. So it is dependent upon who you choose to work for. I'll send you a PM for a great place on certified coders & good luck in your venture.

Need advice on remote coding as well

I have seven years experience in e/m & radiology coding. I'm finding it increasing difficulty to find a place that is okay with & understands that there may be occasion doctors appointments(even if you make up time/work) & offer to work OT. I've got to find a better solution, since I have a family that would like to see me from time to time.
I see you were inundated with requests for your employer, but if you have room for one more I'd be very appreciative. Even advice on who are reputable remote companies & who are not.

Yes, I would love some information as well if you don't mind PMing me. I currently work from home as a medical biller finishing up accounts receivable since my employer closed her practice. Thank you!

Remote Coding Company

Aviacode.com

This is an excellent Coding company that hires remote coders. You are your own boss. Of course you have a certain number of charts that are required, and it's also required to be a TEAM player in making sure that charges are kept caught up and coded in a timely manner. But you can set your own hours and code in your pajama's if you wish. Take time off when you need to, and set your own schedule.

We're currently looking for STRONG E/M coders for Radiation Oncology and Pediatric (Oncology, Hospitalist & Nephrology) Coders. We're currently hiring FT & PT Coders.

Please send me your resume' -
Kristi.Bartkowiak@contractors.Aviacode.com

For those who do remote coding, is there ever an issue of taking a working vacation? Say VPN in from Hong Kong for a month? My hobby is international travel, well travel in general. I like to visit a few new countries a year but don't always have enough vacation days.

I too work from home for a national coding company and they pay by report. Some companies do pay by the hour. It all really depends on the company. I love love working from home.

Good luck ladies,.

steph