Wiki Hospice houses

pcheshier

Best answers
Has anyone had any experience coding for visits at a Hospice house? Are these considered outpt.visits say in an observation status? Help!:eek:

Hospice House visits

I work for a hospice. Hospice "houses" can be either inpatient level of care or outpatient. We have both in our organization.

You should call call the hospice and ask if the facilty where your provider saw the patient is considered inpatient or outpatient. Hospices bill either Routine Care or Inpatient care for their patients. Routine care is the same as outpatient.

Let me know if you have further questions. You can reach me at 727 484-7936.

Cindy Wakeland, MBA CPC
Gulfside Regional Hospice, Inc

Routine level of care for hospice patients in an inpatient setting

I need some help!!!

We have certain cased were a hospice patient is admitted as GIP status ( general inpatient status) and then is determined to be at a Routine level of care. Because the patient can not be placed right away in the SNF, the patient continues to be seen in out inpatient facility but at a routine level of care. Do you know what codes we should be billing in this case? Do we bill home codes because the patient is Routine, or inpatient E/M codes because patient is still in out inpatient facilty? Please any help on this would be greatly appreciated

thank you
jennifer
jgarcia@sdhospice.org