Wiki Hormone Evaluation Testing

missyah20

Guru
Best answers
Hello -

I am wondering if someone can help me out with billing for a Saliva Hormone Evaluation (Codes 82530, 84402, 84144, 82670, 82627). The test is purchased by the clinic from ZRT Lab. Given to the patient to complete and send in with the results being sent to the clinic. Should this be billed under the clinic CLIA number or the ZRT LAB CLIA number? We are having trouble obtaining reimbursement from UHC with claims denying due to the CLIA certification.

Any help or resources you can send my way would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hello -

I am wondering if someone can help me out with billing for a Saliva Hormone Evaluation (Codes 82530, 84402, 84144, 82670, 82627). The test is purchased by the clinic from ZRT Lab. Given to the patient to complete and send in with the results being sent to the clinic. Should this be billed under the clinic CLIA number or the ZRT LAB CLIA number? We are having trouble obtaining reimbursement from UHC with claims denying due to the CLIA certification.

Any help or resources you can send my way would be appreciated. Thanks!
We use this test in our clinic as well but we do not bill for it since the patient has to send a check or money order to ZRT lab when they send in the specimen. You may want to make sure that this isn't the case for you as well.