Wiki Home health Coders?!?

alewis513

Best answers
Hi. I am a newly certified CPC-A through AAPC. I was offered a job through a home health business as a coder as long as I got certified and could pass their test. I got certified, spent a lot of time and a lot of money and now I think I have done it all wrong. AAPC didn't cover much home health and I have not a clue what OASIS is. I am guessing this is a bad thing. If anyone can give me insight please do! I need to be able to pass this home health test in a few short weeks and I am lost and confused because I think I just wasted tons of my time on the wrong things. I have to pass this test. My financial stability is counting on it while I am in nursing school. Insight desperately needed!! Thank you
--Amanda Lewis

I used to work in home health but changed to professional back in 2007. So, I may be a little rusty on this. OASIS is a measurement tool used by Medicare for patient assessments, outcomes, etc. It's used for each 60-days of care, referred to as an EOC(episode of care). It's a system that home health providers use for reimbursement from Medicare. Please see the attached URL that can provide more information:

http://www.oasisanswers.com/about-oasis.htm