Wiki Home Health Certification

MarkG01

Networker
Best answers
Is there any type of a face-to-face requirement for G0180 & G0179. i hear conflicting information, such as the provider has had to have had a face-to-face within the past 90 days......cannot find any specific guidelines,,,,

I have a question related to this topic... the patient has MCR part A only. However we (phy. office) are billing for the re-cert. Since part A covers the Home health servcies, if we submit this will reimbursement be received. I would think no, b/c the patient has opt'ed out of the Part B plan. I just want to confirm this is correct and we do not need to submit this to Medicare.

---As far as I know to respond to the question, no, there is no face-to face requirement for these service, it states in the code (patient not present), however includes contact w/ one health agency and review of reports of patient status by phy. to affirm the initial implementation of plan of care, to be reported once per 90 day period.

I have a question related to this topic... the patient has MCR part A only. However we (phy. office) are billing for the re-cert. Since part A covers the Home health servcies, if we submit this will reimbursement be received. I would think no, b/c the patient has opt'ed out of the Part B plan. I just want to confirm this is correct and we do not need to submit this to Medicare.

---As far as I know to respond to the question, no, there is no face-to face requirement for these service, it states in the code (patient not present), however includes contact w/ one health agency and review of reports of patient status by phy. to affirm the initial implementation of plan of care, to be reported once per 90 day period.

Here is info on the face to face requirement for HH Cert; this requirement has been in place for a few years now.

https://www.cms.gov/medicare/medica...thpps/downloads/qandasfull-revised-062712.pdf

http://blogs.aafp.org/fpm/gettingpaid/entry/medicare_simplifying_face_to_face

For the reimbursement question--I agree that no, Medicare Part B would not cover the HH Cert, since this is a physician service that is not covered by Part A.

HTH!

Home health billing

When billing a corrected claim in home health, where on UB-04 claim form will you include the original claim number. Or on type of bill do you change it to 0327 instead of 0329 (final). Hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.