Wiki Holter monitors - We have always billed

kimmyjwright

Networker
Best answers
We have always billed our holters with code 93224. We own the equipment and do everything in our office. We have never had issues with this. For the last few months, Medicare has started to break this one code into two, for the professional and technical components and do not pay as much. Is anyone else having this issue? I am confused on why this might be happening and not sure if I missed something. Thanks in advance for any input you guys might have!

Question: when performing ALL components, does the 93224 have to be used OR can the 93225, 93226, and 93227 be used since done on differnent dates? We have reviewed MUCH info and it seems to be conflicting. AGAIN...THANKS!

Still confused about 93224

Yeah...I knew about the multiple procedure guidelines...but when I bill 93224 and it is the ONLY service rendered on a certain date...I can't understand why it is being broken to 93225 93226 93227 and paying less than the fee schedule of the global 93224...DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THEY BREAK THE CODES DOWN TO THREE WHEN WE HAVE TO BILL ONE GLOBAL? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!