Wiki HIT 6 Form

jflynn

Networker
Best answers
Hello,

I have a doctor who wants to bill for a migraine inventory "HIT 6" form along with an office visit. She is stating CPT 96101 and I do not feel this is correct. Is anyone billing for these forms and willing to share how they are doing this?? It seems to me that it is included in the visit but I would like some opinions and or advise.

Hello,

I have a doctor who wants to bill for a migraine inventory "HIT 6" form along with an office visit. She is stating CPT 96101 and I do not feel this is correct. Is anyone billing for these forms and willing to share how they are doing this?? It seems to me that it is included in the visit but I would like some opinions and or advise.

I'm not familiar with this form, so I did have to look it up, but based on the questions I'm seeing, this is info that should be considered part of the HPI of an E/M service. I certainly think it would be a useful tool in assessing migraine/headache patients, but I don't see how it could be justified to bill a separate code for it...just my opinion!