Wiki High Risk diagnoses

jdibble

True Blue
Best answers
I am new to cardiology coding and was hoping someone might be able to help me with what cardiology diagnoses would be considered high risk on the table of risk or how you would detemine this? My doctors believe that everything they treat is high risk, whether it is in the office, hospital, stable, etc., they believe it should be considered high risk because of their expertise.

I know this is a broad question, but I was hoping that someone could give me some pointers on what is what with cardiac diagnoses.

Thanks,

A few that I view as high risk include acute MI, unstable angina, severe dyspnea on exertion, severe aortic, mitral or tricuspid stenosis that needs urgently treated, bradycardia that leads to emergent pacer implant, severe ischemic cardiomyopathy, worsening CHF that prompts hospitalization, acute endocarditis, acute myocarditis, severe pulmonary hypertension, acute TIA, and any dangerous rhythm abnormality (V Tach). This, of course, is not a complete list and some of these diagnoses may not be high risk depending on the circumstances.