Wiki Hi I'm new here!

Kathy S.

Best answers
Hi,
I just finished my training and am preparing for the exam. I am changing careers and was hoping someone could give words of encouragement about my choice to train in medical coding. Please be honest . I will appreciate words of warning as well. I can take it. Thank you.

Hi,
I just finished my training and am preparing for the exam. I am changing careers and was hoping someone could give words of encouragement about my choice to train in medical coding. Please be honest . I will appreciate words of warning as well. I can take it. Thank you.

Healthcare is growing faster that other sectors so we all sould be ok:)

Coding is a great field to get into. You have to really love it to keep up. It is every changing and expanding. Codes are added and deleted every year, so you are constantly learning. Not to discourage you, but if you are not already in health care or insurance field, it maybe hard to get a job. Employers are looking for 2-3 years of experience. You can start as a collector or billing to get in the door. They will be able to see your knowledge in coding and have a better chance to move over there. Good luck to you!