Wiki Help!!!

bcarruth

Contributor
Best answers
:confused:My question is: Can you bill for your own patient, even if another Doctor delivered your patient? Both of these Doctors are independent Doctors and have a call agreement, for when the other Doctor is away.
How, would you code the same question above, but If the Doctors are under the same Tax ID/Facility/Practice.How would you split up the credit?

If both doctors are on the same Tax ID#, you will still bill the global pregnancy code either vaginal or cesarean delivery.

If both doctors bill under the same tax ID#, you bill the global fee. If your patient delivered with a doctor not affiliated with your practice, under a separate tax id#, you bill the antepartum care provided by your doctor, and the postpartum care if provided by your doctor. If the patient saw the delivering doctor for postpartum care, you can only bill for the antepartum care.

For antepartum care only , 1-3 visits are billed using appropriate E/M codes; up to 7 visits bill 59425, more than 7 visits bill 59426.

Need help

I am not an OB/GYN coder I need help on the correct way to bill the antepartum visits. So would I use 59425 for 4-6 visits?
1-3 visits 99211-3; then, 4-6 visits 59425; then, 7 or more 59426.