Wiki Help!

Best answers
Hello I am trying to find any information or guidelines as to what is or is not acceptable for co-signing. My provider is co-signing charts done by another physician, simply stating that they examined the patient and agreed with the above notes and assements. I am not sure if this is allowed or not but I need guidelines. I am terrible at research please help

Hello I am trying to find any information or guidelines as to what is or is not acceptable for co-signing. My provider is co-signing charts done by another physician, simply stating that they examined the patient and agreed with the above notes and assements. I am not sure if this is allowed or not but I need guidelines. I am terrible at research please help

Why would your provider be signing a different physicians notes? You cannot bill a physician using a different physician NPI, in other words incident to. So what is the motivation?

if 2 providers in the same group are rounding on a patient, they can combine their documentation for the appropriate E/M code. If a resident sees a patient, the supervising physician must also examine the pt and document his findings. I agree with Deborah. There is no reason for one MD or DO to have to co-sign another MD or DO's chart note.