Wiki Help with orthpedic cpt coding

mrolf

Best answers
I am new to orthopedic surgery coding. Does anyone have good resources such as websites or individuals that you refer to for help, especially on multiple arthroscopic procedures on knees and shoulders. I do have books, but am looking for other resources. It seems like so often when posting questions there are no responses.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons sells a tool called CodeX. I use it almost daily. It will tell you the CCI edits, which codes can be billed with others, etc. What services are included in the CPT. It will give you cross references for the ICD's. Mary

I use this forum when I'm stuck along with Google :D, AAOS, Wheeless' Textbook of Orthopedics, karenzupco.com and even WebMD. There's a lot of stuff on the web but if I can't figure it out on my own, I'll come here!

WHere I get a lot of good information is from the AAOS web site they have a publication called AAOS Now. It has tons of great informatin and you can print off the articles or email them. Not to mention the MDs respect what is said in them as it is their association. I get lots of information from that. Otherwise is use Google (making sure to find a couple of the same answer to assure that it is accurate) and ofcourse these forums are the best.
Here is the link to AAOS
http://www.aaos.org/news/aaosnow/index.asp
No membership needed.

Also with regards to the forum-I search it a lot because many times the question has already been asked. Not to mention sometimes I end up needed an answer to a question I already asked and forgot that I asked.

Last edited: