Wiki HELP with office visit, PLEASE !!

madgejones10

Best answers
A young man wishes to get into a service academy (US AIRFORCE) but had prior knee problems, now resolved completely with no restrictions.

He comes in for exam to document strength, ROM, etc. There are no lingering problems. He has no pain or limitastions.

There is no diagnosis (no complaints whatsoever).

What CPT code do we use and what ICD-9 code????

I AM BAFFLED !! PLEASE HELP !!

You can always use a V67 code for other follow-up or a V70 code for general exam. You should use nothing but a V code as there is nothing wrong with this patient. The CPT code will be the OV code that meets the documentation for either new or established patient. This may not be a payer payable visit, it may be patient responsibility.

there are a couple of V codes that might be appropriate depending on why the pt is coming for the exam. Is this exam mandate by the US AIRFORCE as a mandate medical clearance to make sure the knee issue is resolved?
In this case you could try DX V70.5(pre-employment screening), DX V68.0 (issue of medical certificate) ,V65.5 (feared condition not demonstrated). You could also add the history code for the specific knee DX the pt had.i.e history of trauma to knee, ot status post knee surgery, whichever is appropriate.
As far as CPT code you would use the appropriate established pt code, or new pt cose if it's been 3 years from his last visit.
I'm curious to know how you do with this. please let us know.

Office visit

I would use the ICD-9 code V70.5.

A young man wishes to get into a service academy (US AIRFORCE) but had prior knee problems, now resolved completely with no restrictions.

He comes in for exam to document strength, ROM, etc. There are no lingering problems. He has no pain or limitastions.

There is no diagnosis (no complaints whatsoever).

What CPT code do we use and what ICD-9 code????

I AM BAFFLED !! PLEASE HELP !!

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I will let you know how this turns out. I suspect the ins, company will not pay for this visit, but I wanted to be sure I coded it correctly and I have you all to thank for that!! I am sure I will get a call when it is denied and I wanted to feel confident about the coding !!!