Wiki Help with exam

aunyea

New
Best answers
Can someone help me with this phrase, please and thanks!

The documenations guidelines sates ____ vital signs must be doucmented, in order to count as ____exam elements.

Last edited:
to find the answer go to the 1997 guidelines and look in the exam section for any of the body systems. I could give you the answer but it is better for you to go look it up. Now you know where to find it. :)

I'm not familar or typically no nothing about the 1997 guidelines, I really would appreciate your help, please and thanks.

the 1997 or the 1995 guidelines are the basis of what decides the level of visit a physician may submit given the documentation provide. The question you have asked relates to criteria in the 1997 guidelines. This is basic and something every coder must know. Please go to the internet to:
www.cms.gov/MLNProducts/Downloads/MASTER1.pdf
you need to read all of it.
the answer to your question is in this document.

Thanks. I know the 1995 guidelines very well, but I've never had to use the 1997 guidelines at my past and present employer (we currently use the 1995). I've never had any complaints regarding my coding.

I never intended to question the quality of your coding. But I cannot just give the answer to an exam question. I strongly feel that you need to know the answers and the only way to accomplish this is through the act of discovery. As a coder you do need to be proficient with both guideline sets. This will allow you to discover this on your own.

No problem. BTW this is not an exam question. I agree research is the key to sucess. Thanks again.