Wiki Help with coding for a floating stent retrieval

Best answers
Hi! I am frazzled as to what CPT would be appropriate for this case:

The patient has already undgergone a percutaneous intervention procedure. it was noted that the patient had a stent that was free floating in the aorta. It failed to cros the lesion and became dislodged from the wire. The snare was used to pull the stent down to the distal aorta and to the left common iliac, At this time the 6-french sheath was exchanged for a 7-french crossover sheath. At that time. the free floating stent was snared and pulled out of the body.
Impression:
Successful snare o a free floating stent.

I've looked in the CPT book and I've googled and I cannot find a code that would be fitting for this procedure. It is not done very often. I've been doing this for 5 years and haven't seen it.

Any suggestions as to what code would be appropriate for this? I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out what it could be.

Please HELP :eek:

Hi! I am frazzled as to what CPT would be appropriate for this case:

The patient has already undgergone a percutaneous intervention procedure. it was noted that the patient had a stent that was free floating in the aorta. It failed to cros the lesion and became dislodged from the wire. The snare was used to pull the stent down to the distal aorta and to the left common iliac, At this time the 6-french sheath was exchanged for a 7-french crossover sheath. At that time. the free floating stent was snared and pulled out of the body.
Impression:
Successful snare o a free floating stent.

I've looked in the CPT book and I've googled and I cannot find a code that would be fitting for this procedure. It is not done very often. I've been doing this for 5 years and haven't seen it.

Any suggestions as to what code would be appropriate for this? I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out what it could be.

Please HELP :eek:

Hi Jessica,
Try 37197 - Foreign Body Retrieval.

Thanks,
Jim