Wiki HELP!!! Remit advice.

Best answers
Really weird situation. Our practice has joined an umbrella corporation and so our npi has changed. We have recently received a payment in our old account from BCBS and I can not figure out how to get access to the remit. We no longer have access to the clearinghouse or the BCBS website with the npi. BCBS has been less than helpful as we have no information other than the amount paid and date paid. Any ideas?

Try using the IVR

Try using the IVR system, it will ask you for the NPI, put in the old NPI and/or old tax id and patient information and then your your fax number; the system will fax you the EOB.

Hope this helps.

Nidhi M., CPC

A bcbs rep may give you the information over the phone...do you have the check number? I was having a similar problem with our NP. They were sending checks but no remit attached. The rep gladly gave me the patient name and date of service over the phone.

Last edited:
Availity.com

You can also log on to availity. Availity.com has a new link under the "payer Space" button. Then click BCBS. they have eobs/remits. Very neat btw!

availity/payspan

Availity will only work for the mmp or chp plans... and for dos that are after 11/1/16... did you happen to use payspan to pull up any of you claim/ checks? We use payspan to view all our bcbs checks... if you have a sign on for that group or provider all you have to do is try searching the check and it should show up for you....