Wiki Help! patellar tendon lateral release w/ medial plication and Topaz tenoplasty

gnhobbs@ppmh.org

Contributor
Best answers
can someone give me some insight please on coding for this? I asked a consultant but not sure that I agree. They gave me 27422 and 27380, but I don't think those are accurate.
Thanks!

Scope was taken back to the patellofemoral joint scope was moved to the medial joint looking laterally and the Arthrex hook wand was used directly on the lateral patellofemoral ligament were released from the superior patella to the inferior aspect. Pictures are taken at each interval and the scope was then removed. Just off of the medial edge of the patella incision was made carried down through skin and subcutaneous to the underlying medial patellofemoral ligament. Complex was opened longitudinally and using a Biomet Maxbraid suture pants over vest construct was made allowing for medial positioning of the patella.

Incision was then made directly over the inferior pole of patella carried down through skin and subcutaneous for approximately 2 cm soft tissue was cleared from the underlying patella tendon. After exposure the Topaz wand was used in a grid pattern and partial and full penetration and a 5 x 5 pattern. This time the wounds were then copiously irrigated and closed sterile dressings applied patient was placed into a knee immobilizer[/I]