Wiki Help Me

I have a removal of PDS Suture from C-section under no Anesthesia. How do I code this? or can I use 15850

If the patient is in her global period from the surgery, you can't charge for the suture removal-it's part of the PP care (unless the suture was abscessed or other complication). 15850 clearly states anesthesia (other than local) was used so I would NOT use that code-probably just an E/M would capture the suture removal, but still I would only bill that if patient out of the global period. Hope this helps!

OK, I went back to the doctor, and she said that she had the sutures removed before, and she came back in because she was in pain around the scar, The doc cut and realized that there was an inside stitch that never desolved, and is now absessed.

Hope this is what you need thanks

Does this make it billable?

OK, I went back to the doctor, and she said that she had the sutures removed before, and she came back in because she was in pain around the scar, The doc cut and realized that there was an inside stitch that never desolved, and is now absessed.

Hope this is what you need thanks

Does this make it billable?

I would think so-make sure your doctor does an addendum to the patient's chart so that the fact that the suture was abscessed is documented. Still, it was removed without anesthesia, so 15850 wouldn't apply. What about 10120? I would consider a leftover stitch to be a foreign body. :)