Wiki HELP DOC arguing

tmcquegge

Networker
Best answers
I need help. My physicians are fighting with us regarding documentation. For example they state if a patient has DB with a manifestation once that is established they don't ever have to state anything about the manifestation again but just "pick" that code. So they state they can discuss the DB do not have to document anything about the manifestation but can pick that code. I need something to show them this is incorrect. I really need to find a resource to prove we the coders are correct. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Tara M.

Coding clinic 1quarter 2012 states that the provider must state the diagnosis in their own words and cannot use only the code with its description to represent the diagnosis in lieu of their rendered duagnosis.

Is there anyway you can send me the actual paper or link to that? I actually found where you had told someone that on another thread and have it printed out but knowing physicians I will need to show them the actual paper. I really appreciate your help in this. Thank you.

Oh and mitchellde I'm from Boonville Mo I actually used to work for University of MO Physicians:)

Small world! I worked at Ellis and Boone Hospital. Also coding clinics are not a searchable link these are paid subscriptions. I know the university subcribs to them so maybe a contact there could help you out?