Wiki Help - balloon angioplasty

sarahb_4u

New
Best answers
I need help with coding this procedure.

The right femoral artery is cannulated, a catheter is inserted and advanced to the left common iliac artery where a balloon angioplasty is performed. The catheter is then advanced to the popliteal artery where angioplasty is also performed. The catheter is then placed in the anterior tibial artery where angioplasty with stent insertion is done. We then further investigated the peroneal artery and discovered another occlusion. Balloon angioplasty was completed with good result. No other occlusions were foun and the catheter is removed.

I don't have my book with me and I went online and tried to code it but I am not sure with out my books. I came up with 37230, 37224, 37220, 37228> Thank you so much!

I need help with coding this procedure.

The right femoral artery is cannulated, a catheter is inserted and advanced to the left common iliac artery where a balloon angioplasty is performed. The catheter is then advanced to the popliteal artery where angioplasty is also performed. The catheter is then placed in the anterior tibial artery where angioplasty with stent insertion is done. We then further investigated the peroneal artery and discovered another occlusion. Balloon angioplasty was completed with good result. No other occlusions were foun and the catheter is removed.

I don't have my book with me and I went online and tried to code it but I am not sure with out my books. I came up with 37230, 37224, 37220, 37228> Thank you so much!

Almost, but not quite.
37220, 37224 and 37230 are correct but for the peroneal artery you would code 37232 for "additional vessel". You can't code 2 "initial vessel" codes in the same family/same leg.