Wiki Hello I need some help

mespinal0523

Best answers
Hello to whom it may concern I need some help Iam new to codes as a student and Iam confused no experience and looking for some dxs for 1) hallucination,due to lsd lasting one day ,bad trip
2) herniated disk,L3-L4
3)diabetic retinopathy
4) sickle-cell trait
5)medial meniscuss tear, old.
6) degenerative joint disease of the ankle
7) petil mal seizures,epileptic.

can some one help me and let me know how to look for this codes

Last edited:
kimscoding

I will guide you to the answer because being a student and no experience this is something you would have to do in the real world on your own.

In the Index of diseases you will find all your answers...

1) hallucination, due to LSD lasting 1 day, bad trip - look up hallucination and follow the notes

2) herniated disk,L3-L4 - look up herniation, nucleus pulposus and follow the notes

3)diabetic retinopathy - this is one you will need to become familiar with look up diabetes and find retinopathy

4) sickle-cell trait - this one is pretty straight forward.

5)medial meniscus tear, old - this one is also pretty straight forward.

6) degenerative joint disease of the ankle - look up degenerative and follow the notes

7) petit mal seizures, epileptic - look up epilepsy and follow the notes.

I hope these help, let the index be your friend and think of other ways it could be worded if you get stuck.:)

Also I might add that you need to be aware of the chapter such as if you are coding transient hypertension and you are in the chapter for pregnancy then look to see if you are coding a pregnant female, if not then you have the wrong chapter. Many codes have two codes for the same thing, such as spondylolysthesis, has two codes one in the congenital chapter and one in the diseases of the muscoloskeletal chapter. Also the main 3 digit category heading inforation is to be added to evey code in the category, for instance you find a code for anticoagulant use and before you use it look to see if you have a code for long term use, or a code for injury or poisoning by.... or observation for suspected malignant neoplasm is not a rule out code as it is in the category for suspected conditions not found. And read the coding notes that say things like code first the underlying condition, that means the code you have is a secondary code, or use additional code for, which says another code needs to be added. These are all little nuances in the code book that need to be read and adheared to for correct coding.