Wiki Health questionnaire

mg65

Best answers
When a provider only documents in the PFSH and ROS that "Health Questionnaire I reviewed in detail with the patient." is this adequate documentation, even if this questionnaire, filled out by pt, is scanned elsewhere in the chart? Provider has put this for a 99244 and has left findings/results space blank for the PFSH and ROS. Thanks!

I would recommend that he discuss any pertinent positives or negatives. Certainly with a chief complaint, there would be a positive system review?Without that documented, you don't have any ROS, because the comment that he simply reviewed a scanned document does not tell you anything.

When was the patient questionnaire done? That information is necessary, because the patient could have filled it out six weeks ago, and the information might have changed. If so the provider needs to mention that. Same with the PFSH....is this a new patient? If so,you can't reference an 'old' PFSH. You have to have a starting point, particularly as it pertains to the chief compliaint.

Personally, I dislike scanned records in an EHR...you lose the reporting capability when you don't enter data into the pre-designed fields, and you also have to be careful about documenting updates, changes, deletions and dates when you reference a scanned document. Encourage your physician to use the EHR as it was designed and fill in the ROS and PFSH.