Wiki HCC ICD9 Coding & Medication Management

SymphonySamantha88

Contributor
Best answers
Does the HCC coding community "vascular disease" include hypertension or hyperlipidemia?

Or would those be in the "angina pectoris" community?

Anyone with any further information on this please let me know? I see a lot of claims for patients with HTN/hyperlipidemia and other things and I was just curious if those were part of the Vascular Disease community HCC108.
If not I can't include HTN/hyperlipidemia in their top HCC codes.

Also, my practice is concluding a genetic study where patients found out if they are metabolizing meds differently. The study designated which meds they should avoid and which meds would be appropriate based on their genetics.

My question: Is there a CPT code where a physician or PA could counsel the patients on their medications due to the results of this genetic study? I know the medication therapy management codes 99605-99607 are only billable by a pharmacist and we were hoping there was something else besides 99211-99215 we could utilize. Is there a CPT code we could utilize for the 2015 CY for medication counseling? Otherwise I think we might have to partner with a pharmacist.

Thanks in advance! Any info would be greatly appreciated.