Wiki Haven't seen this before

Jess1125

Expert
Best answers
Good afternoon,

I haven't seen this before. I had a provider circle 93510-26 on the route slip as well as a 93501-26. My initial thought was he should've circled the 93526-26.

When reading the cath report I had seen that there was arterial and venous access obtained in both groins.

Reading further I had found out that the right heart cath was performed from the right groin and the left heart cath was performed through the sheath on the left side.

Does that matter at all where the caths were performed from? Will it be the 93526-26 or will they be coded out separately?

Thanks for any answers. I haven't seen this before and want some input before I were to possibly send back to the doctor.

Good afternoon,

I haven't seen this before. I had a provider circle 93510-26 on the route slip as well as a 93501-26. My initial thought was he should've circled the 93526-26.

When reading the cath report I had seen that there was arterial and venous access obtained in both groins.

Reading further I had found out that the right heart cath was performed from the right groin and the left heart cath was performed through the sheath on the left side.

Does that matter at all where the caths were performed from? Will it be the 93526-26 or will they be coded out separately?

Thanks for any answers. I haven't seen this before and want some input before I were to possibly send back to the doctor.

Looks like to me it was unbundled. It should be 93526. It does not matter from which groin the catheter entered from.