Wiki Hand Help

Kisha

Networker
Best answers
Procedure: Our hand surgeon was delayed in surgery and was not able to see the patient immediately. Due to the long length of time the patient was waiting for repair it was necessary for the patient to be re-anesthetized twice. The patient was admitted and taken to surgery for repair. The wound was irrigated with sterile normal saline. Many wood chips were in the interior of the wound and required sharp debridement due to being imbedded in many of the tissues. The artery was cauterized at both ends because it appeared there was sufficient collateral circulation to adequately support the thumb. The adductor tendon was sutured and function return was demonstrated. The extensor tendon was cleaned and due to the limited laceration it was left alone. The joint capsule was cleaned and antibiotic powder was placed in the joint prior to closure of the wound. The wound required 8 retention sutures to assist in the approximation of the external surfaces. The 15 cm wound was closed with 5-0 nylon. The wound was wrapped with a sterile bandage and the patient was placed in a short arm cast.

Not sure what to do with the Anesthesia being that it was done twice.

I have: 11044, 26418. I really need help here no man's land and hand period not my specialty. Trying to get it down pack tho

Last edited: