Wiki Guidance billing - two ports placed in same session

Best answers
Folks,
Just checking to see how others bill for these....
If IR doc places two ports for Apheresis.........one thru Left Jugular, and the other thru Right Jugular, and doctor documents US and Fluoro Guidance for both, do you bill for the 76937 and 77001 X2, or do you see the guidance as per session and bill X1?
Thanks.
Margie

Folks,
Just checking to see how others bill for these....
If IR doc places two ports for Apheresis.........one thru Left Jugular, and the other thru Right Jugular, and doctor documents US and Fluoro Guidance for both, do you bill for the 76937 and 77001 X2, or do you see the guidance as per session and bill X1?
Thanks.
Margie

Guidance is per session.

HTH :)

Guidance....

Okay, Danny.
That's what I've been doing, but I really didn't see it documented in the places I've looked....I see it documented in re 76942, 77002, but I can't seem to find it for 76937 and 77001. Do you have a good source so I can share it with my co-workers?
Thanks so much.
Margie

Okay, Danny.
That's what I've been doing, but I really didn't see it documented in the places I've looked....I see it documented in re 76942, 77002, but I can't seem to find it for 76937 and 77001. Do you have a good source so I can share it with my co-workers?
Thanks so much.
Margie

Sorry, I can't find a good source, none of my information specifically answers that question. I choose to apply the same rules as documented for 76942/77002 etc.

Also, the description of 76937 states (potential access sites)
Don't miss the plural.

HTH :)