Wiki Global period for Supartz injections

jmcpolin

True Blue
Best answers
I was having a discussion with one of my co-workers about whether the entire injection
j7321
Q9966
has a 90 day global, none of these codes have a global period by themselves but my co-worker thinks that if they are all billed together there is a 90 day. I have been searching CMS for any information regarding this and am unable to find anything. Any help would be great.

Thanks

We bill these routinely one a once a week for 3-5 weeks and have never had an issue.

We don't however utilized fluroscopy 77002, but do utilize 76942 for ultrosonic guidance.

What I mean is during the 3-5 weeks the patient comes in to be treated for neuropathy of the foot and she seems to think we need to add a 24 modifier to the E&M for the neuropathy.

We bill Supartz/Synvisc in my clinic; I have never heard of this having a global period, and I'm not aware that we are having in problems with billing O/V charges in the 90 days following the injection. The only issue I can think of, is if the provider addresses the neuropathy, in your example, on the same day that the injection was performed, but that would just need the 25 mod on the O/V charge, not 24 :confused: Not sure where your coworker got this info...maybe someone else will have some insight ??

Hope this helps!