Wiki Global OB care

raidaste

Best answers
I'm looking for advise as to the best way to handle OB care claims. I've seen it a few different ways like, charging/billing once patient has delivered or charging/billing each claim as they occur. Right now I work my OB's by days meaning each visit I work to get it off my days list. 90% of them are no charge because they are global and that's half the reason why I do it this way but I'm wondering how if works for those of you that hold all of those encounters till the patient delivers and then charge and bill? Does it work good for you and why? Is it hard to keep track of those OB patients when you have other patients that are seen also? Any advice is welcome. Thanks

You need to check you 3rd party contracts to see if you are allowed to bill for time of service during pregnancy care or not. Most require OBGYN's to bill globally. If that is the case then Only those visist that are not ROUTINE may be covered seperatly at time of service. Most practices use a dummy code like OBRET for the daily charge entry of the global care visits and bill out any over the average 13 once they deliver.