Wiki global maternity care

rleif1sun

Guru
Best answers
what is general rule when hospital Nurse delivers baby? see dr notes below:
Upon arrival to the labor room, the patient was still on hands and knees and baby was delivered as I put on my gloves by the labor nurse. The cord bloods, pH and placenta were obtained/delivered by me and the first degree laceration was repaired with 3-0 chromic suture.

do i bill placenta delivery and laceration repair only or can i bill global delivery care?

what is general rule when hospital Nurse delivers baby? see dr notes below:
Upon arrival to the labor room, the patient was still on hands and knees and baby was delivered as I put on my gloves by the labor nurse. The cord bloods, pH and placenta were obtained/delivered by me and the first degree laceration was repaired with 3-0 chromic suture.

do i bill placenta delivery and laceration repair only or can i bill global delivery care?
If you provided all of the AP care as well, then yes you would bill the Global code.

If you provided all of the AP care as well, then yes you would bill the Global code.
Since he did not do the delivery and probably not much of the labor management either I would guess, you should add a modifier -52 to the global code. The labor nurse cannot bill, but the physician did not do all of the work.