Wiki General Surgery Book/Companion

BABS37

Best answers
I'm looking for a book to help me with general surgery coding- one that is super easy to understand and that explains the procedures on what the physician is doing so I know what it is I'm looking for when coding. Any ideas or thoughts??? I've heard of contexo media but I'm not sure which to buy? Thanks for any help!

I use a Ingenix coding companion. It is super helpful! I think they are now changing their name to Optum insight. The super coder companion books look good but I have never seen one in person.

Hey thank you for catching my 25 modifier on that E/M question lol! I completely spaced it. :) I like the ingenix stuff too- and yep, they went to Optum Insight already too. Someone told me about coding books with 'plain english' in them or something? I wish they made a general surgery coding for dummies book because that's what I need. :D

I think it is pretty straightforward. They explain what is done and how. It even includes a list of CCI edits for medicare and the most common icd-9s for the cpt