Wiki General Emergence

aal

Best answers
If the anesthesiologist was not called for general emergence, how would you bill this?

If the anesthesiologist was not called for general emergence, how would you bill this?

Not sure what you are asking? If anesthesiologists was not called for an emergency than I would bill it without the emergency code added and just the anesthesia codes. Was the case an emergency?? I truly think more information is need to advice correctly. :rolleyes:

Hi Judy,

Sorry if this is unclear. It is not an emergency case. It is for General Emergence, when the surgery is done and they are going to end the anesthesia. The CRNA did not call the doctor in when it was over and the doctor is usually in the room when the case is over and they are ending the anesthesia.

Hope this helps.

Thank you in advance.

I think I understand, but I want to make sure: are you asking whether to code the CRNA as being without supervision or with (i.e. QX or QZ)? Not sure how it works if the doctor is in the room only part of the time? Is the doctor's name on the anesthesia record? You may have to bill QK/QX in that case. What do you think Judy?

Anesthesiologists based on our medicare guidelines must take part in the most stringent parts of the anesthesia usually the induction and emergence. Not having all the details of this case I really can not tell you what the right way to bill this would be. Was the anesthesiaoligts readily available, how many CRNA was he supervising or directing? If you wish you may contact me directly at judy@anes.hrcoxmail.com and give me a number to call you and I will help you with this.:)