divasdb1

New
Best answers
Procedures
1. Diagnostic laporoscopy
2. Exploratory laparotomy with appendectomy
3. Partial cecectomy
4. Drainage of pelvic abscess

The patient was taken to the operating room and placed in the supine position. a 5mm optiview trocar was placed intra-abdominal. The abdomen was insufflayed with 15mmhg CO2. Inspection of the abdomen revealed gross purulence throughout the pelvis. This laporoscopy was aborted.
Midline incision was then made. The abdominal cavity was explored. The patient was found to have a pelvic abscess. This was drained and irrigated with normal saline. I broke up all loculations. The right colon was then mobilized to the midline. Patient was found to have a perforated appendix at the base of the appendix. The appendix was then removed. Grasping the cecum with Allis clamps, I then performed a partial cecectomy at the necrotic base of the cecum with the GIA-stapler. Care was taken to avoid obstruction of the ileocecal valve. This was oversewed with 2-0 sutures. There was no other pathology. I irrigated the abdomen throughly with normal saline. The bowel was placed back in the anatomical position. The fascia was closed with 0 Vicryl, skin with 4-0 Vicryl. Patient tolerated the procedure well.

Can someone tell me what codes would be assigned to this procedure?

Thank you!

you would not list the laparoscopy or the exploratory laparotomy. check to see if the appendectomy is inclusive to the cecectomy if so then do not list the appendectomy.