Wiki Gail Eldred CPC

geldred

Best answers
When billing 96900 for UVB light treatment in a dermatology clinic would it be ok to bill under a PA npi if no dermatology doctor is on site?

Is my supervising physician required to be on-site when I'm practicing?
No, your supervising physician is not required to be on site but must be available in person or by electronic communication at all times when you are caring for patients.

Can I perform surgery?Yes. If your supervising physician delegates the authority to you, you may perform surgical procedures under local anesthesia without the personal presence of your supervising physician

you do not really have a choice if there is no Physician on site, you must use the NPI of the provider on site even if it is a PA. Whether that is agreeable to the payer is up to them. I would find out before the the treatment is rendered.

Is my supervising physician required to be on-site when I'm practicing?
No, your supervising physician is not required to be on site but must be available in person or by electronic communication at all times when you are caring for patients.

Can I perform surgery?Yes. If your supervising physician delegates the authority to you, you may perform surgical procedures under local anesthesia without the personal presence of your supervising physician

being able to perform the procedure or service as a part of the collaborative agreement and licensure is not the same as billing for it. If the doctor is not onsite to directly supervise the procedure you cannot use his/her NPI for the claim.