Wiki G0275 documentation requirements?

wblock

New
Best answers
When I read the description for G0275 it states "...includes positioning or placement of any catheter in the abdominal aorta at or near the origins of the renal arteries" does that mean the physician's documentation has to include a statement that the catheter was manipulated to the abdominal aorta? The reason that I ask is that I have a report where the documentation states "The abdominal aorta is occluded at 100% after the take-off of the renal arteries. The superior mesenteric provides contralateral circulation with reconstitution at the aortic bifurcation. Occluded infrarenal abdominal aorta." I don't have any documentation that supports catheter movement beyond the heart. The access site was the right radial artery. Without confirmation of catheter movement to the aorta, is this enough documentation to assign G0275?

G0275

The G code was deleted in 2014. Medicare is now hoping physicians are only coding the 75625.26 for medically indicated abdominal aortograms. Drive by's (meaning no indication for the service) is not billable.