Wiki Free CPC Prep Tools

Hey there,

Connect with AAPC national and local chapter on facebook. They have information that can assist.

take the exam agenda outline that will be covered on the test and this is what I did for the COC, CPMA and CPB.
1. You-Tube find reputable corporations or coders who can explain concepts.
2. Webinars- search free webinars on subjects or join the AAPC webinar series. Worth every penny
3. Look at the AAPC magazines and make notes/flash cards. Make sure the CPT/HCPCS codes & Guidelines are current.
4. I paid to attend a review class with a chapter. (View your surrounding chaptes for information)
5. I attended the chapters monthly meetings (I went to 3 different chapters to gather information) CEU's don't count until certified, but you will learn a lot.
6. See if anyone is willing to start a study group
7. Mark & tab your books. Know them in and out- time management is the key. Especially, mark the anatomy pages.
8. Quizlet is awesome -download the app and look for current CPC prep information, medical terminology, and anatomy
9. I used you-tube to help with medical terminology and anatomy- I searched anatomy 101 and med term 101 then went from there.
10. I bought the blitz video and used the BHAT technique, you can learn the technique by watching you-tube.
11. During the exam, you need time management. If I thought I knew the answer, I put a star in my book, a guess = 2 stars, I had no clue=3 stars. At the end, I had 35 extra minutes, I went back to my 1 stars and made sure I was correct, then verified my 2 stars, the 3 stars, I had enough time to recheck a couple. It is better to make an educated guess than have to mark an answer without even reading the question. This is the best advice I can give you. Time management.
12. FYI- I made my own flash cards from the study guide, icd 10 guidelines and webinars. this is my learning style and it worked.

You got this and good luck. CPC is next on my list :)