Wiki Follow-up=99214?

veloso

Expert
Best answers
Does this documentations qualifies for 99214?
HPI;Pt is here for routine f/u ...
TREATMENT:
Hypertension
Continue Lotrel Capsule, 10-20 MG, Orally, 30, 1 capsule, Once a day, 30 days, Refills 3
Stable ...
Hypercholesterolemia
LDL is noted to be in high 180's ... pt to try lifestyle changes for now ... If he is not able to lower cholesterol on his own, then may offer statin
Hyperglycemia
HgbA1C% is elevated @ 6.3% ... exercise/diet d/w pt as firstline tx for hyperglycemia
Overweight
Exercise/diet d/w pt ... I have spoken with Jacop frankly how these new nedical problems, mainly high chol & high BS are both related to being overweight & may resolve if he's able to loose weight ...
Proteinuria
May be related to early DM vs HTN ... he already takes benazepril in lotrel

My concern is this;if it's ACCEPTABLE if the Provider will not mention the chronic illnesses in the HPI BUT will state the status of those chronic illnesses in the TREATMENT PLAN like for example as stated above as: HTN =STABLE.ETC.
By the way this visit has COMPLETE ROS AND PHY.EXAM.
THANKS AGAIN.

In this scenario, we can consider. But in any case we get 99214. You have Comp PE and MDM - Moderate which suffices for 99214

Thank you, so much Jagadish, for your immediate attention I still need help for that Podiatry question which I posted on June 13 please.